Careers at Kalles Property Management
Kalles Property Management is one of the premier property management companies in the South Puget Sound area. We are team-orientated, friendly, and keep an upbeat tempo in the office. Currently there are 15+ members of our team located at our office in Puyallup or working remotely. Our professional and exciting workplace has provided many opportunities for individuals to develop a career with many team members with us for more than 5 years.
If you like being challenged, working in a fast-paced environment, and being rewarded for innovative and forward-thinking ideas you may very well enjoy working at Kalles Properties Management. Our team is committed to excellence, improving every day, and overcoming challenges. While we are a small company, we are always keeping an eye out for passionate, talented, and hard-working individuals. Even if we don't have positions currently available, we encourage you to submit your resume to us if you feel you would be a good fit.
Our Company Roles
- Residential Property Managers
- Condo/HOA Managers
- Maintenance Manager
- Maintenance Technician
- Front Desk Specialist
Currently Available Positions
About the Role:
- Must be dependable, presentable, have a broad understanding of maintenance/property issues and be able to work professionally with homeowners, tenants and other Kalles
- Property Management/Kalles Properties employees. Must have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and pass a background check
- Final compensation will be based on experience (DOE)
- Position available immediately
- Work in multiple locations including Gig Harbor/Tacoma/Puyallup
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide quality customer service to Kalles Property Management tenants and owners
- Review, initiate and complete daily roster of work orders
- Be prepared for each job assigned
- Communicate any problems or additional work necessary as a result of the property visit/repair
- Limit repairs to those listed on the work orders
- Report and track hours on a daily basis
- Turn in receipts for all purchases
- Properly operate and maintain Compass equipment / vehicles, report deficiencies
- Be willing to assist with any after hours emergency as necessary
Qualifications and Skills:
- Maintenance Skills: Unit turns, painting, landscaping, drywall repairs, simple plumbing and some electrical a plus.
- Some tools required
- Dependable with a good work attendance record
- Valid driver’s license
- Pass a background check
- Detailed orientated required
- Team-orientated required
Community Association Manager
About Kalles Properties:
Kalles Property Management has been in business for over 20 years in the greater South Puget Sound area. Kalles Properties Management’s family heritage of property management makes us a pillar of the community. Serving the Puyallup and Tacoma areas, Kalles Properties Management has continued to grow and stay very active in the community.
Our mission is to be the leader in property management through delivery of innovative management solutions that provide our customers with superior property protection and profit maximization.
Our Promise to have performance and excellence in quality of service with our clients and our partners. We believe in helping our owners and renters meet their respective goals.,. For our property owners this translates into a focus on maximizing profits and protection of their assets. For tenants this means quality housing and proper support for their home.
Kalles Property Management is growing and is searching for an experienced Residential Property Manager. If you are looking for an exciting place to work, grow your skills, and be a part of a high achieving team, please take a look at the list of qualifications below.
Job Summary: Community Association Manager
The Community Association Manager is responsible for providing the overall supervision of our community associations. The Community Manager interacts with internal and external clients including homeowners, vendors, board members and committee members, as well as staff within the local office.
Community Association Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the operation and administration of the Association in accordance with management agreement and the Association's policies and procedures.
- Acts as or oversee the primary liaison with the Association Board of Directors and homeowners as needed.
- Perform/Direct administrative and management duties as requested by the Board of Directors and in accordance with the management agreement.
- Ensure Association Management tools are being effectively developed and utilized such as annual calendar, action item list, resolution worksheets, timed agendas, RFP matrixes, committee charters, operating budget, etc.
- Review monthly financial reports and ensure management summary is submitted to the association Board of Directors.
- Provide and/or oversee recommendations to the Association Board of Directors and committees regarding major capital expenditures as required to maintain the desired community appearance and operation.
- Monitor delinquency rates and collections process for account portfolio.
- Attend Board meetings per the management agreement and community events as needed.
- Prepare Board packages according to established time frames.
- Ensure Board of Directors is aware of legal actions involving the Association.
- Maintain unit and contract files relating to the operations of the Association.
- Assist Board of Directors with architectural review process and/or routine inspections as necessary.
- Responsible for maintenance of company software data base, including updating resident information.
- Responsible for routine and special project vendor management including performance evaluation as contracted.
- Coordinate and/or oversee inspection of building facilities and/or common area and arrange appropriate follow up actions as required.
- Oversee the AP process in accordance with properties processes and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your experience and skills:
- Knowledge of communities/property/real estate and homeowners associations.
- Knowledge of the role of the association board, the Community Association Manager, and how those roles interface with the requests of homeowners.
- Knowledge of typical business correspondence (grammar, structure, punctuation, spelling, etc.) at a proficient level.
- Knowledge of conflict resolution techniques at a proficient level.
- Professional communication skills (phone, interpersonal, written, verbal, etc.).
- Professional customer service skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail oriented and a team player.
- Time management and time critical prioritization skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- 1-5 years of community management experience preferred.
- Preferred to have CACM/CMCA certification
- Keen knowledge of budgets and the budgeting process.
- Strong knowledge of audits, reserve studies, bidding process, and Association governing documents.
- Strong MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Exceptional time management skills and ability to work independently
What we offer:
- Compensation range: 55-63K- DOE
- Company paid Time off, sick time, and 7 company paid holidays
- Healthcare- medical, dental and vision.
- A flexible schedule. Work life/balance
Our office is in Puyallup, WA. Properties managed are in the greater Puget sound area ranging from Puyallup, Tacoma, Gig Harbor and more.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitting a resume:
To submit an application for a specified open role above or if you have a general interest in a career with our company and submit your resume (with optional cover letter) via email to email@example.com and note which position you are interested in. Please DO NOT call the office regarding open positions. We will contact you if we are interested in discussing any available positions with you. Thanks for your interest in working with Kalles Property Management.