Company Rental Criteria*
We are committed to providing a large selection of homes to fit various individual needs. Our available rentals include all price ranges, from cozy apartments to magnificent executive homes. With this in mind, we are committed to working with prospective tenants to find a home that can fit their personal situations.
Our rental criterion is the guideline that is followed for approving new tenants. Every situation is different and we try our best to work with all prospective tenants. If you feel like you would be a great tenant but do not meet the all the criteria below, please call and speak with a property manager about your situation. ALL individuals over the age of 18 that will be living in the household must fill out an application. Qualification for a property is determined based upon the entire household. Property (unit) can only be held up to 10 DAYS before lease must start (e.g., occupancy begins).
- Twelve (12) months of verifiable rental history or home ownership.
- NO evictions.
- NO outstanding money owed to a landlord or Property Management company.
- Proper notice given to current or previous landlords.
- Twelve (12) months of current employment or six (6) months in a similar job.
- Self-employed persons will need to show proof of income for minimum of past 2 years, which includes 2 years tax returns and previous two months bank statements.
- Gross income (including co-applicant) shall be a MINIMUM of three (3) times the rent amount. Must be able to document all income.
- Ability to pay all deposits and rent in full, prior to move-in.
- Established credit history.
- Discharged bankruptcies accepted with re-established credit. If you have questions regarding your bankruptcy, please call as they are handled on a case-by-case basis.
- Criminal convictions within the last seven years may result in the denial of your application.
- Each applicant 18 years of age and over will be required to produce a photo I.D. (e.g., a driver's license or other government issued photo identification card).
- No smoking is allowed in any of our units.
* The above criteria is subject to change without notice and due to individual circumstances
Discussion on Pets
- Small pets under ~30 lbs. and older than 18 months are allowed in most of our properties with additional fees and deposits. A maximum of two pets are allowed. Please call to discuss if you are uncertain that your pet qualifies.
- We require a photo of each pet for our file. The following breeds are not allowed: German Shepherd, Doberman, Pit Bull or Pit Bull mix, Staffordshire Terrier, Chow, Rottweiler, Siberian Husky, Akita, Malamute, Presa Canario and Wolf-Hybrid.
- Service animals are the exception. Please call to discuss. Documentation will be required.
- Any exceptions to these criteria must be submitted in writing to the rental agent for the landlord’s review and consideration. If approval is then granted for such exceptions, additional security, and /or additional advance rent payments may be required.
- Our company policy is to report all non-compliances with terms of your rental agreement or failure to pay rent, or any amounts owed to the credit bureau.
- Our properties are rented on a first-come first-serve basis. After we receive a completed application with all supporting materials we no longer show the property, if we decline the application it will be available to rent again.
- If an application has already been submitted, the Property Management Company will accept one back-up application per property, but WILL NOT PROCESS the application, until the first position application has been officially denied. Your application still must include all of the necessary documents and funds to be placed in second position for the property. If the first application is approved, then all your funds will be refunded.
Please visit our Apply to Rent page for more details on submitting your application.
For information on your legal rights when dealing with a Washington State real estate broker, please read the The Law of Real Estate Agency.